Gentle Reader, please join men in wishing a belated happy happy bookday to Mr. Blake Charlton
.Another Book Questionnaire Thingy
Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book, all books must be fiction.
- Book next to your bed right now: The Mish-Mash Dictionary of Marmite
- Favorite series: The Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce
- Favorite book: By the Sword by Mercedes Lackey
- The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island: The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Robin McKinley
- Book/series you would take with you on a long flight: Daughter of the Empire series by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts
- Worst book you were made to read in school: Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck.
- Book that everyone should be made to read in school: The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper
- Book that everyone should read, period: Feed by M.T. Anderson
- Favorite character: Staff Sergeant Torin Kerr from Tanya Huff's Valor series.
- Best villain: Joren of Stone Mountain from Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series.
- Favorite concept series: Freedom's series by Anne McCaffery
- Favorite invented world: It's a toss up between Gandalara in Randell Garrett and Vicki Ann Heydron's Gandalara Cycle series, and Damar in Robin McKinley's The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword.
- Most beautifully written book: The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper
- Funniest book: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Which of the above questions was hardest to answer? 10
Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:Umbrella
Your Tisane of Smart:A priceless ancient Roman statue has been discovered being used to decorate a flower bed in a housing estate.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
A very thoughtful blog from Bookslut on Monster Lit
(Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) and the like. Very interesting, indeed. Book Write Ups
says, "The story is captivating and gives the reader a new twist to vampires, werewolves, and London society. Readers will find it hard to put the book down before finishing." Orbit says
, "From the delightful, tea-sodden, steampunk-fueled imagination of Gail Carriger comes the further adventures of Alexia Tarabotti and her parasol."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon and Powell's have posted Changeless
cover along with blurb. Blurb gives end of Soulless
away so don't read if you haven't read the first book.Blameless
: Copy edits done. In the immortal words of John Malkovich it is now "beyond my control."
Super Secret Project H:
Treatment submitted to agent. Paused.
Super Secret Project F:
Consulted betas, good to go. Hope to write first two chapters next month.
CAKE in Space: Trunked for the moment.Steampunk Reloaded
short article: Done, turned in, and VanderMeer's have announced the table of contents.
Not so secret fiction short:
(can go up to 13,000) Working next week. Yes, this is for the Mammouth Book of Paranormal Romance 2. For once, my British fans will get something first. I'm warning you now, it may not be what you expect.
Quote of the Day:
"If you have other things in your life - family, friends, good productive day work - these can interact with your writing and the sum will be all the richer."
~ David Brin