How to act at a con . . .
- Do: Wear deodorant.
- Don't: Wear cologne or any perfume that costs less than $30. Better nothing than cheap. And only a TINY amount.
- Do: Wear nice clothing and possibly a "talking point" peace of jewelry, pair of shoes, or T-shirt.
- Don't: Wear shorts or anything so old it's pilling, has holes, or is threadbare.
- Do: Ask people questions about themselves, it's everyone's favorite topic.
- Don't: Talk politics, religion, relationships, or medical problems.
- Do: Check your teeth for lipstick and food, your nails for dirt, and your glasses for smudging.
- Don't: Forget breath mints.
- Do: Smile.
- Don't: Hunch over into yourself and mumble.
- Do: Obey the 1 - 3 - 5 rule (1 shower a day, 3 square meals, and at least 5 hours sleep)
One final word of warning.
When asked the question, "How are you?" An honest answer is NEVER appropriate.
Quote of the Day:
"Writers seldom write the things they think. They simply write the things they think other folks think they think."
~ Elbert Hubbard