The Return of the New, Improved, Feet-seeing Gail


Hello my darling Gentle Reader, I am officially back. And by that I mean off the opiates, with a working brain. Hooray! Unfortunately, I still don't have my normal energy levels. Healing, as it turns out, is exhausting. Who knew? The surgery itself takes a mere three months to come to full recovery, with no real physical activity for two months (just in time for me to lift my luggage flying to Spokane for WorldCon).

Sadly, the painkillers also made it nigh impossible for me to read. 142 characters was about all I could manage in a row. Coincidence that this is also Twitter allowance? I think not.

Via: politicalsexkitten
Source: emmisnotshortforemma


So what did I do? 


Watched a whole lot of TV while doing fiddly little tasks like cutting up cat treats, shaping my nails, and plucking my eyebrows. It was mind numbingly dull. My TV consumption included, but was not limited to:

That's it for now my dears, hoping to have my blogging rotation back in form now.

Caution in Visiting Sick Rooms.

Never venture into a sick room if you are in a violent perspiration (if circumstances require your continuance there), for the moment your body becomes cold, it is in a state likely to absorb the infection, and give you the disease. Nor visit a sick person (especially if the complaint be of a contagious nature) with an empty stomach; as this disposes the system more readily to receive the contagion. In attending a sick person, place yourself where the air passes from the door or window to the bed to the diseased, not betwixt the diseased person and any fire that is in the room, as the heat of the fire will draw the infectious vapor in that direction, and you would run much danger from breathing it."
~ Godey's Lady's Book and Magazine October 1872

{Gail's monthly read along for July is: Passion Blue by Victoria Strauss}

GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Vue du petit port de Lorient, by Berthe Morisot 1869 Oil on Canvas (National Gallery DC)

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Bull, Charles Livingston, artist. "[Octopus with fish]." [between 1890 and 1932]. Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress.

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Take A Look Inside The Homes Of Top Creatives From Around The World

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
Writer's Ticks


PROJECT ROUND UP  




The Books! 


 The Finishing School Series
1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies,
3 Waistcoats & Weaponry, 4 Manners & Mutiny
 The Custard Protocol Series
 1 Prudence, 2 Imprudence
The Parasol Protectorate Series
1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only)
Marine Biology; My Sister's Song; Fairy Debt;
The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar

Book News:
dimity_by_outtolunch-deviantart


Quote of the Day:
via the Twitters


Gail on Facebook & Twitter. Join Gail's mailing list
Gail's fashion blog ~ Retro Rack.
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its
Facebook Group.

Labels: