Gail's Cincinnati Appearance Cancelled


I am sorry to report, Gentle Reader, that I have had to pull out of the International Steampunk Symposium (formerly the Steampunk Empire Symposium) Apr. 24 ~ 26 in Cincinnati, OH.

I know some of you were really looking forward to seeing me there and that this is a big disappointment. I want to stress that this is nothing to do with the convention or the organizers. They have been a pleasure to work with and very nice. I think the event is likely to be stellar.

It's likely my name and image will continue to appear on press and around the internet connected to this event. I assure you I will NOT be in attendance.

I don't pull out of events lightly, so please respect that I have personal (mostly unpleasant) reasons for having had to do this. I hope some day to make it up to those of you in the Cincinnati area, and the convention itself.

In other news, I received my contract copies of both UK and USA Prudence. So I guess it is really going to happen.



The US copies are a small size hardback, the UK copies are the traditional trade size paperback (I think it's called B4).

{What is Gail's Book Group reading for February? Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear}


GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1893 parasol via fashionplatesandephemera tumblr

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Lilliput in her chair with an orchid

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
How to Sit in an 1860s Hoop Skirt video

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
Guest Blog by Elizabeth Bear at the Qwillery


PROJECT ROUND UP  

Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last Releases November 2015. Not yet available for pre-order. Edits stage.

Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First Release date March 17, 2015 available for pre-order! 



The Books! 

 The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies, 3
Waistcoats & Weaponry
 The Custard Protocol Series: 1 Prudence (Coming March 17, 2015)
The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt; The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar

Book News:
Over on Barnes & Noble I pick 10 lesser known books I think people should read.

Quote of the Day:

Like Gail on Facebook & Twitter. Or you can join her mailing list
She also has a fashion blog ~ Retro Rack.
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its
Facebook Group.

Labels: ,