Ketchup ~ While I Was Drinking


While I was away on tour several exciting things happened which you, Gentle Reader, may wish to know about.

1. Orbit sent out some ARCs for Prudence. I know it feels like I just got done with one new book baby, but there is another on the horizon. You see? It's not too long a wait. I'm birthing a litter. Amazon officially notified peeps that it is available for pre-order. Rumor is that the audiobook will drop at the same time, no reader chosen as yet.

The ARC, more info on the inner fly.

2. I received the prize part of Etiquette & Espionage wining a French award for best translated young adult novel. It's a copy of the French book inside a beautiful handmade leather cover.

 Everyone say ooooooo.


3. I took some video in the hotel room in DC on how I make tea on the road. Tea on the Go with Gail Carriger [on youtube]. Here is a close up of my water boil coil in action...

AKA The Instant Immersion Heater Portable Beverage Warmer for $8.25


4. Speaking of video: my editor, Deirdre, and the always fab Victoria (@VictoriaLBYR) talk about my Finishing School series in front of the camera.

5. I'm getting some queries about why my books aren't available for Sony e-readers. Very little is likely to be anymore, I'm afraid, since Sony has discontinued the line. Calibre is your friend.

6. Amazon and Hachette settled their dispute... more on that in a future blog.

On another note, here's the current state of... da da da dum...

The Missing 500


B&N has apologized for what happened (the specifics are a mystery, and seem likely to remain so ~ computer glitch is the current best guess ~ I still blame Flywaymen). They are going to send an e-mail this week (?) to "customers who were told there were no books now saying that they do have signed copies available." The e-mail will have a dedicated link to the signed copy and customers will have to re-order. They have the 500 copies frozen and segregated in their warehouse, ready to ship out. I have little faith at this juncture that anything will actually happen, but this is an honest recounting of what I've be told.

Although, since they did actually shipped a few (confirmed via Facebook) I hope they did a re-count the now-less-than-500 so this doesn't happen again. (I have emailed my publisher with this concern.) Also, they will likely futz with the price.

Oh, my darlings, I am so worn out over this whole fiasco. Tea. More tea.

The next batch of bookplates arrived from Little Brown. This Monday I hope to sign and send them off. So get your requests in ASAP if you still want one. 

{What is Gail's Book Group reading for December? Daughter of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts}


GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1880 Mourning Ensemble  1880  The Mint Museum

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
10 Excellent Bookstore Cats

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
People of Color in European Art History

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
An interview dropped with yours truly over on Writers Read.

PROJECT ROUND UP  

Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last Releases November 2015. Not yet available for pre-order. Edits stage.

Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First Release date March 17, 2015 now available for pre-order! 



The Books! 

 The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies, 3
Waistcoats & Weaponry
 The Custard Protocol Series: 1 Prudence (Coming March 17, 2015)
The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt; The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar

Book News:
Interview with the Seattle Mystery Bookshop

Quote of the Day:
“Wisdom and spelling do not necessarily go hand in hand.”
~ Kindred Hearts by Rowan Speedwell

Follow Gail on Facebook & Twitter. Or you can join her mailing list
She also has a fashion blog ~ Retro Rack.
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its
Facebook Group.

Labels: , ,