15 Things That Delighted Me in the UK


As you know I recently returned from the UK. Here are some random lists and thought bubbles from my trip.

15 Things That Delighted Me

  1. Lattes, real Italian style actual lattes. Everywhere. Hooray!
  2. No one does breakfast like the British. I love it sooooooo much. 2014 = now with bonus fresh fruit!
  3. Indian gentleman asked me what my "good name" was. First name but I love the term. Is my last name now my "horrid name"?
  4. Woman on tube near me smelled AMAZING. Then one of my readers at Worldcon also smelled amazing, and sent me a picture of her perfume. (Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum)
  5. Baby badgers. (Just google image it.)
  6. Passion fruit is now an accepted common flavor.
  7. I saw a working steam train in Derbyshire.
  8. 0% fat yog is still creamy! Magic. Truly the UK is the land of dairy fairies extraordinaire.
  9. Random costume lady called the Amish the Hamish.
  10. I got a proper beautifully written fan letter, hand delivered.
  11. The names of chicken breeds make me happy.
  12. Beer & Bacon festival. World, make this happen everywhere? Please?
  13. Crabbie's hard ginger beer! Yum.
  14. Dartmoor Chilli Farm (spice in the UK!)
  15. Best thing I ate: Grilled aged goat cheese smothered in gooseberry chutney on a bed of greens. 

 Passion fruit 0% fat creamy yoghurt; proper latte with Amarette in middle of Devon

 Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum, penmanship!

Names of chicken breeds
Yes please.

My new drink dejour while in England.


Other Random Thought Bubbles


I have decided I need to develop and serve a Ploughman's Canape:

I must cook Welsh Rarebit more often then I do. I like my cheese sauce made with ex-strong aged Cheddar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, white pepper, and rosemary over a toasted granary bread with roasted tomato and a fried egg on top. I should try the sauce made with beer,  I never remember that part.


{What is Gail's Book Group reading for September: Children of the Night by Mercedes Lackey}


GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .


1880s  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
mortem-et-necromantia-tumblr Teapot made from a human skull

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Where Can I Buy Better Tea?

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
“Grammatical errors are annoying to the reader, and disgraceful to the writer, unless it is well known that she has not had the advantage of an education, even at a common school. Then she is to be pitied.”
~ The Ladies' Guide to True Politeness and Perfect Manners or, Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book
by Eliza Leslie (1864)


PROJECT ROUND UP  
Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First:   Releases March 17, 2015 now available for pre-order! Copy edits in.
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last.   Finished first draft. Out with Beta readers. Release date November 2015. Not yet available for pre-order.



The Books! 

 The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies, 3
Waistcoats & Weaponry (Coming November 4, 2014)
 The Custard Protocol Series: 1 Prudence (Coming March 17, 2015)
The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt; The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar

Book News:
Hoot Reads Books reviews Heartless “So many dangerous character twists and juicy secrets and yet, Alexia still knows how to remain a lady in these situations.”

Quote of the Day:


Follow Gail on Facebook & Twitter. Or you can join her mailing list
She also has a fashion blog ~ Retro Rack.
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its
Facebook Group.

Labels: , ,