Prudence Cover Reveal! Book One of the Custard Protocol Series


My dear Gentle Reader, you have been waiting so patiently and I am delighted to reward you with, the cover art for...

Prudence

The Custard Protocol: Book One

Coming March 17, 2015


Photo by Shirley Green, Illustration by Don Sipley, Design by Lauren Panepinto


The inevitable questions...
More questions? Ask them below, but I won't answer spoilers.


Custard Protocol, you say?


I'll leave you with my new favorite amazing custard pie recipe. Possibly the most simple desert custard ever. It makes its own crust, like magic! (Original recipe from which I tinkered.)

Coconut Custard Pie

Ingredients:

2 cups milk (whole or sub in part cream or half/half if you're feeling decadent)
8 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter (sub in coconut oil if you like, I did it 4 tbsp of each)
3/4 cup sugar (I'll be dropping this to 2/3 next time, I don't like stuff too sweet)
1 cup shredded coconut (raw unsweetened)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup flour (next time I plan to try 1/4 almond meal, 1/4 flour)
2 teaspoons vanilla
dash of salt
1/4 nutmeg for top (I'll use cinnamon next time)


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F, set center rack.
  2. Melt butter but not too hot, I set mine on top of the warming stove as I assembled ingredients.
  3. Put all ingredients into blender and blend thoroughly. 
  4. Pour into greased and floured 9" pie plate. (I used a deep dish, steeper sides, taller, non stick)
    Bake @ 350F degrees for 45 minutes. 
  5. Pie puffs and turned a dark golden brown.
  6. Remove even if center is slightly jiggly (as with quiche, you don't want to overcook the custard). As it cools it will deflate.
  7. Enjoy warm or cold, tasters said they thought it tasted even better next day.
The flour element settles down and forms a crust, the coconut rises and toasts at the top. It's amazing! I hate to make pastry, so this pie really impressed me. I plan to try next with added 1/4 cup of high-end dark unsweetened coco powder, and maybe a dollop of booze. I do love tinkering.


GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Water Light

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
The Gentlewoman at Dinner

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
9 Famous Authors Rejected by Publishers


PROJECT ROUND UP  

Curtsies & Conspiracies
~ The Finishing School Book the Second. Out now!   
Soulless Vol. 3 (AKA Blameless the manga) ~ Out now! 

Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third. I honestly do not yet know the exact release date. Probably early November 2014.
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Working rough draft.
Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First: Delayed. Why? Rewrite begins soon.


The Books! 

The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies

The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt

Audiobook of Crudrat releasing end of April 2014. Find out more at crudrat.com

Book News:
Cami Cox of the Independent says about the Parasol Protectorate Series: “These books are, honestly, just a riot (a prim, proper and well-mannered riot...but a riot, nonetheless).”

Quote of the Day:
“I think it's fair rude to make him a tree and not know what kind he is.”
~ Tamora Pierce, Wolf-Speaker

quotes Gail likes





Goodreads Quotes

Labels: , , , ,