Ketchup: Hot Toddies, Sprinkles & Cat Training


So I've been under the weather recently, Gentle Reader. Nothing serious, just this pesky cold that has been going around. Generally speaking, my constitution is fortified by the fact that I wear gloves to most public events, and that the majority of my time is spent in isolation staring at my computer. However, this one got me, curse it.


My solution, when I have a cold, is to apply the normal amount of tea but augment with pint glasses of water, tisanes of variable types, and soup. In short, liquids liquids liquids. I also consume copious hot toddies of an evening. I can't bring myself to imbibe alcohol before sunset, it just feels wrong. But after sunset? Game on.

Here is the Mum's hot toddy recipe:
Three of these and I am decidedly floppy. Yes I know, I am a proud light weight. I'm not certain how medicinal they actually are, but I do enjoy them so. I like the ritual of making and drinking and the cozy comfort afforded by both. I even got the AB to down a few. Together we drank more brandy over five days than in the previous five years. Girl's gotta enjoy life somehow.

So anyway, I am still moving slowly but have kept up my writing schedule, don't worry, and I am certainly on the mend. Everything is still on track and as apology for my online absence, I present you with this fun bit from the Finishing School Tumblr.








In the background of sore throat life I've been working on fun stuff like the ever illusive newsletter (coming soon), Crudrat kickstarter teas (coming sooner), and wardrobe overhauls.


There have also been disgruntling things like tax document preparation, finding a new dentist, sticking to New Year's goals, and toilet training a cat.

Lilli's opinion on the subject 

Then there is business stuff, tracking down PP foriegn editions, finalizing this year's travel as much as possible, revamping presentations for writers conferences, determining a time line for that short story I want to release, and so forth. My dear, Gentle Reader, it simply never ends.

Then again, I wouldn't want it too. Imagine if I stopped being busy? I shudder to think.

GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Nor Cal Ren Faire 2011

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
My totem animal, the hyrax

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Dangers of 1836 Diving Apparatus

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .  
Reading Made Awesome: The Features of eBook Apps


PROJECT ROUND UP  

Curtsies & Conspiracies
~ The Finishing School Book the Second. Out now!   
Soulless Vol. 3 (AKA Blameless the manga) ~ Out now! 

Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third. Release date to come.
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Working rough draft.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Delayed. Why? Rewrite begins soon.


The Books! 

The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies

The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt


Book News:
Book Tasty says of C&C, “Carriger has a secret window into my little book lovers’ heart and knows exactly what I want to read about. Her opulent steampunk world is exactly where I want to spend my afternoons and evenings.”

Quote of the Day:
"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not."
Oscar Wilde

quotes Gail likes





Goodreads Quotes

Labels: