A New Member of the Family


I refuse to be the crazy cat lady, so please feel free to skip this post if you are not Of the Feline Inclination. That said, I am an author, and many authors have cats. (In the past too!) I did promise I would introduce my new family member to you, and I am truly delighted to say, we have adopted a small furry bundle of food consumption and big-yellow-eyed oppression!

Please allow me to introduce to you... Lilliput.


Of course, I think she is the smartest, the cutest, and the best. She's about a year old, shelter cat originally rescued from the accessories section of a Kohls department store (clearly, destined to be my cat).


As a friend recently wrote to me "I note that in getting a tuxedo cat you're adhering to a high standard of dress in your pet." Not only that, she's cross-dressed! You all know how much I love that. (It's so very in line with events in Curtsies & Conspiracies.) She also has a mad passion for tea (which I am well aware is bad for her) and marmite (which is OK in small doses). I have to take protective measures with my hot beverage and toast of a morning!


Truthfully, though, she's quite biddable and well behaved. We begin toilet training today and have already started clicker training (she's good on follow, touch, and jump-up so far). The AB has even managed to get her to fetch... some of the time. We are working on her not waking us up in the morning.

I know I know, I shouldn't ramble on about my cat.


She is very much a Jellicle cat.

Jellicle Cats are black and white,
Jellicle Cats are rather small;
Jellicle Cats are merry and bright,
And pleasant to hear when they caterwaul.
Jellicle Cats have cheerful faces,
Jellicle Cats have bright black eyes;
They like to practise their airs and graces
And wait for the Jellicle Moon to rise.


I promise no more rambling but you might see her show up now and then on the blog. These things are bound to happen.


GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Pride & Prejudice

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
DAMM design studio mushroom lamps

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
DIY Wooden Dome Built From Pallets

Your Writerly Tinctures . . . 
The Editing Process

PROJECT ROUND UP  

Curtsies & Conspiracies
~ The Finishing School Book the Second. Out now!   
Soulless Vol. 3 (AKA Blameless the manga) ~ Out now! 

Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third. Release date to come.
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Working rough draft.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Delayed. Why? Rewrite begins in 2014.


The Books! 

The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies

The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Soulless Vol. 1, Soulless Vol. 2, Soulless Vol. 3
 $0.99 short stories (ebook only) Marine Biology, My Sister's Song, & Fairy Debt


Book News:
Tor.com says, “There’s so much to enjoy in Carriger’s fictional world: finely-honed humor, page-turner plotting, and a cast of characters dominated by a wide array of complex, interesting women and girls. Wherever Sophronia’s adventures take her next, it’s very much something to look forward to.”

Quote of the Day:
"The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas."
~ Linus Pauling

quotes Gail likes





Goodreads Quotes

Labels: ,