Top Ten Favorite Things About WorldCon, San Antonio
1. The pool at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio, I wish I'd had the energy to use it more than once
2. Immediately running into Chris Garcia in the Green Room
3. Seeing all the familiar faces from FenCon
4. Amy & Paul's rocking NASA cocktail party
|via/with Francesca Myman (Locus Magazine) and Catherine (Cady) Coleman, astronaut|
5. Spreading terrible rumors and schmoozing with old friends, mostly at the bar in the Marriott Rivercenter (Devi, Carrie, Myke, David, Patrick, Mur, Paolo, John, Fran, Liza, Howard, Adam, Robert, Betsy, Jason, Phil, Ann, Lawrence, Eileen & Ray, Joshua, to name but a few)
6. Hanging out at the Locus Booth in the dealer's room
7. Wearing my new silver sparkly dress to Drinks with Authors and watching the handstands
8. Panels: Fantastic London; Steampunk: Trend or Genre?; Intricate Worlds; my Kaffeeklatsch
|Non-fiction Books Panel|
9. Meeting people for the first time in person: (Stina, Justin, Paul, Rudy, Liz, Wes, Will, Charlaine, Sam, to name but a few)
10. Kidnapping various willing strays for proper tea
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|via Tuppence Ha'penny by Charlotte |
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
7 Tips on Writing a Series
PROJECT ROUND UP
Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third: Editing now.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Release date Nov. 5, 2013.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ trade paperback will be available in the US October 13, 2013.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 3: (AKA Blameless) Available serialized through YenPlus. Print edition Nov. 19 2013.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Delayed. Why? Begin rewrite in 2014.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series!
Please DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
The Parasol Protectorate
omnibus hardback editions
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels
Tor.com posted an excerpt from Curtsies & Conspiracies!
Quote of the Day:
Labels: san antonio, worldcon