1. No matter how many packing lists, I will forget something, often multiple somethings.
2. Tea tastes better out of a pretty cup, however Earl Grey still tastes like furniture polish no matter what.
People will not let the lavender-meets-food mutually-destructive
relationship go. It's time. It was wrong from the get go. Just give it
up. Lavender is for Grandmama's soap and pretty much nothing else.
4. Hotel food seems to improve after hotel renovation. Hooray for that.
Unfortunately, hotels will retain and display the worst wall art, even
after renovation. Much to our amusement, the infamous "baby blue
truckers peeing in the bayou" paintings still reside in most rooms of
the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara.
6. No one does the shampoo hair commercial flip like Thomas Willeford
Self & Thomas flashing the hair
7. It takes a small convention to give a good panel spread on all aspects of publishing.
8. Steampunk be like faire: yes I know your face, no I don't remember your name.
9. It will always require two takes to film Gail, perhaps it's the vampire in her, but the first one just never works.
10. In line with that, the first take will always be the better one...of course.
Rachel of Ruby Blackbird; self; Christiana
GAIL'S DAILY DOSEYour Moment of Parasol . . .Gail and @clockworkbyrde via Jeanine Gray on FacebookYour Infusion of Cute . . .Mechanimal pin spotted!Your Tisane of Smart . . .Laser cut cog necklaces that actually works to fiddle with. Hours of entertainment.Your Writerly Tinctures . . .Why Some Books Are Harder to Write Than OthersPROJECT ROUND UPWaistcoats & Weaponry
More about the convention to come, and if you want the inside scoop on my outfits hit up Retro Rack
for all the details. I have no secrets.
~ The Finishing School Book the Third:
Writing rough draft.Etiquette & Espionage
~ trade paperback available in the US October 13, 2013
.Curtsies & Conspiracies
~ The Finishing School Book the Second:
Release date November 2013. My ARCs have arrived, contest to come.Manga
~ Soulless Vol. 3: (AKA Blameless
) Available serialized through YenPlus
. Print edition Nov. 19 2013.Prudence
~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Begin rewrite in 2014.
Book News:Aaron Michael Ritchey
's Completely UNAUTHORIZED Interview with Steampunk Goddess Gail Carriger
Quote of the Day:
Pin by Ruby Blackbird
An Obvious Mistake.
An advertisement has appeared in nearly all the papers, announcing as a “novel thrilling attraction” that
“Two ladies will make their ascent on Monday evening next, suspended from the car of the Royal Cremorne Balloon.”
is evidently some mistake in the announcement of this unwomanly and
degrading exhibition. We cannot well allow that to be an “ascent” where
the parties engaged so completely lower themselves.”
~ Punch July 1853