2.25.2013

Palo Alto Etiquette & Espionage


My final event for the Etiquette & Espionage launch was at the Palo Alto City Library (Downtown location, 270 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, CA) on Friday Feb 22 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. There was a little Steampunk Reception with Books Inc. on hand to sell books. The library kindly supplied lots of tasty nibbles, flowers and decoration.

GailTalking2

I drove down early in order to avoid Friday traffic and to visit Tea Time in Palo Alto. They came highly recommended by the Tea Rage podcast, so I was very excited to sample their wares.

TeaTimePaloAlto
Tea Time Palo Alto

It is a very European establishment. Which is to say, service is unbelievably slow. Fortunately, we had a few hours to dawdle over tea and gossip. I ordered the strongest pure leaf Assam they had which, after much discussion, turned out to be the Harmutty.

TeaTiemPaloAltorMenu
The Assam List

I liked it enough to buy some to take home but by then we'd been there for a hour and half and I didn't feel like waiting however long it would take them to actually wrap me up some of the tea. My dining companion sampled the Masala chai. She liked it, it was a big aggressively singular in its notes for me, not enough complexity. I prefer a chai with a range of spices (cinnamon pepper ginger) and not just cumin. She sampled three petite macarons, which we found nice a light with good flavor. I had a slice of the mango mousse, which tasted far more pineapple than mango but was fluffy and refreshing.

TeaTimePaloAlto3
Tea!

After that we went to event. It was a fun closer to the E&E parade. I'm still a bit under the weather so my energy wasn't all that. We watched the trailer and then had a Q&A. (Would Socrates run a Q&Q? Ha, I kill me.) I wore a steampunk influenced plaid outfit. Lots of fun questions we asked, I tried to answer as honestly as possible.

GailTalking

Then I signed books and poodled off.

GailSigning

This concludes the Etiquette & Espionage launch events. Next up . . . AnomalyCon in Denver! But first I'm moving my office and starting to write Waistcoats & Weaponry!

GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1890-1899  The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1890-1899 The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
GodeysSept1872Party copy
Godeys Sept 1872 Party

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Gridded Cutting Mat

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Three Ways to Add Tension During Revisions

PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Release date November 2013. Await ARCs.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date OUT NOW Tour events in progress!


BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.

The manga editions, both now available in print.

Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!

The first Finishing School book ~ OUT NOW


Book News:
Etiquette & Espionage is a Kindle select.

Quote of the Day:
“Then listen to me, Edith. I love you as man never loved before – madly, wildly. Tell me you will be mine ‘for years and forever.’ “ and one strong arm was around her, and the little head fell just where is should have done, on the broad shoulder that was there to receive it, and he raised the shining curls that dropped to conceal her blushes, and imprinted his first kiss on its pale surface.”
~ Godey's Lady's Book and Magazine August 1872
A fine example of sentimentality.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment