2.13.2013

Mysterious Galaxy Signing & Live at the Lounge


Live at the Little Brown Lounge went great yesterday. I had a few technical difficulties, but that's my life in a nutshell. You can watch it here if you so desire.

Live at the Lounge

Last Sunday I jetted down to LA (can you say jetted in reference to Delta?) for a signing with Ally Carter at Mysterious Galaxy in Rodondo Beach.
1EventSign

The crowd felt like a really good mix of both our readers. And I think Ally and I talked well together. First we talked a bit about writing spies and espionage and our different approaches to teens under such a context.

2GailAlly

After that we had a Q&A. We bounced questions back and forth, although Ally was better at it then I. She's been on quite the tour for her new book, Perfect Scoundrels.

4GailTalking

After the talking, came the signing. I tend to like to chat with my readers and take pictures and such so the line moves a little slowly, but everyone was lovely and patient. I saw a number of familiar faces (although, forgive me, I'm not so good with names) and some lovely supportive friends. (Including Robert who took most of these photos.)

7GailSigning

10GailSigning

13Fans

14Fans

I also got some tribute, so nice. You guys are too good to me!

Loot

I got whisked off to a fantastic cocktail party with delicious nibbles, amazing modern art, and got this spectacular picture of LA at night! (Look at me with the overuse of superlatives.)

LANight

And then it was back on the plane home. Ah the glamorous life of the writer beast!

GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1907 Mourning Ensemble  The Museum at FIT
1907 Mourning Ensemble  The Museum at FIT

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
I’m lusting after this 100 % Merino woolfelt and leather MacBook Air 11" sleeve

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
6 Outlet Flexible Surge Protector Power Strip

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Give Stories Added Depth With a ‘Ghost Plot’

PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Release date November 2013. Await ARCs.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date OUT NOW Tour events in progress!


BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.

The manga editions, both now available in print.

Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!

The first Finishing School book ~ OUT NOW


Book News:
Maid

Quote of the Day:
“How many Planets have been discovered? Eleven: they are called Mercury, Venus, the Earth, mars, Ceres or Piazzi, Pallas or Olbers, Juno or Harding, Vesta, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Georgium Sidus or Urania.”
~ Mangnall’s Questions, 1830

Daisypath Wedding tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment