2.07.2013

Etiquette & Espionage Launch Party


Tuesday night, Gentle Reader, I was at Books Inc, Opera Plaza in my beloved San Francisco for to launch my new Book Baby out into the world. (Now that is an unattractive sentence, but you follow my meaning.) This was in conjunction with their Not Your Mother’s Book Club™ teen event series.

4Gailtalks

A small but enthusiastic crowd of die hard readers showed up. (Those willing to slog into the city for a mid week event.) They asked fun and silly questions. I nattered on for a bit at first and then we easily filled up the remaining time with banter. And yes, secrets were revealed. Secrets are always revealed if you come to see me in person, it's one of the perks.

2GailTalks

I wore a sort of steampunk meets normal Gail attire. I wanted to wear steampunk but something a little different as Nova Albion is coming up in April and I knew I'd wear all my major steampunk outfits there. I didn't want to wear the same thing in the same area so close together ~ never that. This was my solution and I have a similar mixed media for the Steampunk Swap in Sacramento Feb 16. (Retro Rack blog post on the outfit to come, of course.)

9GailSigns
Signing for the opening musician

There was lovely live music to start and some nibbly bits (including a delicious Victorian sponge). Afterwards, I signed everyone's books. I received not one but two beautiful bouquets of flowers. And manged to get home at a reasonable hour. All in all a most enjoyable evening.

10GailGroup
With the ladies of Books Inc.

GAIL'S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1937Elsa Schiaparelli, 1937  The Metropolitan Museum of Art
1937Elsa Schiaparelli, 1937 The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Your Infusion of Cute . . .
CuteCatFroth
From Pretty Foods on tumblr

Your Tisane of Smart . . .
“'An elderly, uniformed man strolled out of a gatehouse disguised as a cantina.”
~ Harry Harrison and Marvin Minsky, The Turing Option, 1992
via Thog's Masterclass in Ansible

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Who Will Read Your Stuff?

PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Release date November 2013. Proofs handed in. Done my end.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013. Tour events planned!


BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.

The manga editions, both now available in print.

Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!

The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013


Book News:
New interview up over at Powell's website!

Quote of the Day:
"We had a kettle; we let it leak:
Our not repairing made it worse.
We haven't had any tea for a week...
The bottom is out of the Universe."
~Rudyard Kipling

Daisypath Wedding tickers

3 comments:

  1. OMG, it might almost be worth choking down coffee it involved that kitty cat foam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely FABULOUS!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete