So, I have 20 ARCs of Etiquette & Espionage and it's contest time!
- 1 entry per person.
- Open to continental US only, no PO Boxes
- 20 winners are chosen by random number Weds. Oct. 31.
- You must leave your email address with your entry.
- I will pass along your email to Little Brown, they will contact you for your non-PO Box mailing address.
- At the very beginning of the book our heroine Sophronia is covertly recruited to attend a Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing School that just happens to train young ladies as spies. Classes include Petit Fours & Poisoning; Household Accounts & Assignations; and the like.
- Come up with your own rift on a lady's seminary class title combing victorian etiquette with espionage.
- Post your class title in the comments section bellow of either my Live Journal or Blogspot blog by Weds. Oct. 31. I am sorry, I can't enable anonymous posting, I get over 20 spams a day. Goodreads, Amazon, Facebook and other comment-challenging arenas are not valid.
- You MUST include an email. If you forget and have to re-comment, edit or delete your first comment and include both entry and email together, please.
- One entry per person.
- You have until the end of October. Winners will be chosen on October31 and notified by Little Brown directly. Check your Spam filters.
- Have fun!
I can't promise that you won't come up with titles I've already used, some of you practically share a brain with me. Remember, I've already written two books in this series so chances are good. I hope that if you encounter your own title within my text you with take that as synergy or compliment and not insult or theft.
No title repeats. So the longer you leave it, the harder it will get!
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Heston Blumenthal cooks Treacle Tart
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Five Stages in Reacting to a Critique
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date Fall 2013. Writing rough draft. Crew has arrived in Bombay,on the reread . . .
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Awaiting copy-edits. Title changed.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Reviewing chapter by chapter, each drops on YenPlus by subscription. Print release tentatively Dec. 2012.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, Vol. available in print, Vol. 2 by subscription to YenPlus.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Out Feb. 5, 2013
LeFoux Fan Art Britta Hoyer
Quote of the Day:
"If the lady on whom you call is not at home you must leave your card. If she has grown up daughters or a sister living with her, two cards: or you may slightly turn down the corner of your card, which signifies that the visit is paid to all."
~ Etiquette for Ladies 1850