I'm writing the first Parasol Protectorate Abroad book right now, Gentle
Reader, set in 1895. There are the usual pauses for research and as I
thought you might enjoy a look at the rabbit holes I have been chasing
over the past month in pursuit of fodder for Prudence. Mainly so she can blow it up or insult it, you know how these things go.
- The history of Barclay’s Bank
- Maps and diagrams of the Island of Malta
- History and alternate names for London's Pea Soup fog best known today from Sherlock Holmes adventures.
- History and use of the term "booby trap."
- Names and titles of workers on board a steamer ship around the turn of the century.
- History and use of bergamot.
- Victorian deserts that might travel well.
- History and evolution of the iconography around the goddess Sekhmet.
- History of Fortnam & Mason (aka Tum Tums)
- Fisk Jubalee Singers tours in the 1800s.
- Famously beautiful Arabic women.
Life as an author, in a very odd sort of nut shell.
~ Your Writer Beast
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
PROJECT ROUND UP
~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Rough draft. Enter fab new character. Release date Fall 2013.
Etiquette & Espionage
~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
Working promo schemes.
Deportment & Deceit
~ The Finishing School Book the Second:
Revised and turned back in, awaiting next edit pass.
~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless
) Reviewing chapter by chapter, each drops on YenPlus
by subscription. Print release tentatively
New interview with saz101
Quote of the Day:
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
~ Richard Steele, Tatler, 1710