French publishing house
reposted my 10 Comic Con commandments, and then, since I don't speak
french, I translated them using google translate. It's hilarious. Thus,
one last time I present them too you here, Gentle Reader.
Carriger has also participated in this event and, on this occasion, has
issued the Ten Commandments that were followed during the four days she
would go to the San Diego Convention:
1. You will apply a policy network and will agree schedules and meeting places with other participants.
You make friends in the queue and you will speak loud when you will
leave the (so no sting you in your place), so that all may know that you
come back (but you do not appliqueras this method if there are only
3. You do parcourras point while the exhibition
hall in one day (because, as Tom says Galloway, visiting all the stands
is equivalent to walking at least 6.5 km).
4. You'll remember the location of toilets and sanctify them.
5. You will bear the pinnacle of the survival tips from other authors (and other third parties).
6. Thou shalt put sunscreen and comfortable shoes bear.
Thou shalt not take a taxi or rickshaw without a specific address in
mind. (And if you would take a rickshaw, you will not forget the point
of negotiating the price in advance).
8. You will go ahead half an hour or an hour to reach your goal, whatever it is.
9. You do poseras point of silly questions to security guards (the stormtroopers you will be more helpful).
10. Thou shalt not covet an abundance of goods (or you and you anticiperas muniras prepaid packages).
My favorite is the bathroom one. Sanctify my brothers and sisters! Sanctify!
FYI, Gentle Reader, there may be a bit of a pause in blogging for the
next few weeks. I've got some serious edits to enact upon Deportment
& Deceit. Watch me whip the sucker into shape. Or don't watch me,
cause I won't be online much. But, worry not, I shall be triumphant!
Gail for the editing gold! Duum duum da dum da dum dum. Dum de de de, da
da da, da da dah da da.
Can you tell I've be watching the Olympics?
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
First gay president.
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Fixing a Stalled Scene
PROJECT ROUND UP
~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Working rough draft. Release date Fall 2013. Got peeps floating, about
to land in the Maltese Tower but have had to pause to do edits on
Etiquette & Espionage
~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
Working promo schemes.Deportment & Deceit
~ The Finishing School Book the Second:
Third draft handed in to editor, awaiting edits.
~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless
) Reviewing chapter by chapter, each drops on YenPlus
by subscription. Print release tentatively
reviews . . .
Quote of the Day:
The Ever Helpful Ivy