Here we go, Gentle Reader:
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
- Age: That's for me to know and you . . . not to know.
- Bed size: Queen
I hate: Anything particularly smelly ~ taking out the compost, cleaning
the toilet, that kind of thing. And Ironing, I loathe ironing. But I
love vacuuming and anything I can sort, like mail or paperclips or jelly
- Dogs: Shaken, not stirred.
- Essential start to my day: Tea. You were in some doubt on this?
- Favorite color: Red to wear, neutrals to live with, blue to be around.
- Gold or silver: Both at once. I'm such a rebel!
- Height: 5' 6" if I've been doing yoga regularly.
- Instruments I play: Does the keypad count?
- Job title: Writer
- Kids: No, thank you.
- Live: Some ever-shifting part of Northern California.
- Mother's name: Mum.
- Nicknames: Some. None of them suitable for public consumption.
- Overnight hospital stays: Never, not even at birth.
- Pet Peeve: Too many to count.
- Quote from a movie: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.
- Right or left handed: Right
- Siblings: Nope.
- Time I wake up: 8ish.
- Underwear: Dependent upon outfit and occasion, usually matched.
- Vegetable I hate: Brussels Sprouts.
- What makes me run late: Other drivers.
- X-rays I've had: Wrist (fracture), ankle (habitually sprained), hip (chronic pain), spine (trying to figure out hip) and teeth.
food I make: Brownies, gluten-free booze-ridden banana bread, chicken
enchilada pie, shepherd's pie, vegan chili, anything ancient Roman, fish
related dishes, a set of particular alcoholic drinks, various
green-bean salads, grilled shrimp, almond cupboard cake, Thom Kar Gai,
and some rather odd sauces.
- Zoo animal: Penguins, I can spend hours watching them.
Tea: 31021 Assam Mangalam Second Flush FTGFOP1 Black Classic
Source: TeaHaus (via a kind reader at World Steam Expo)
Before: A beautiful large leaf black with some chocolate color less toasted a few gold tips as well.
After: seeped to a pretty very dark amber, almost orange, very pale with milk
Its very hard to get this tea strong, even with a fully loaded tea-ball
and over 5 minutes the mug stayed on the amber end of the spectrum.
very very mild and gentle. Low notes of fruit aromas, apricot perhaps,
even a little cocoa, but mere ghosts. A great starter tea but because of
the lack of strength a little watery to my buds. A wonderful late
afternoon beverage it was also low on the caffeine scale, and good for
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
3 Simple Decisions Making Tools
PROJECT ROUND UP
Deportment & Deceit
~ The Finishing School Book the Second:
First draft with second Beta reader.
Etiquette & Espionage
~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013.
Working promo schemes.
~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless
) First chapter reviewed, drops on YenPlus
April 12th. Print release tentatively
~ Parasol Protectorate Book the Last. Out now!
~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Release date Fall 2013.
New interview over on Writing Raw
Quote of the Day: