Tasks . . .
Look up . . .
- Made an outline (failure)
- Made a mind map (success!)
- Drawn a massive dirigible schematic plan
- (Which made me get my Brambly Hedge books out of storage, great house plans in there)
- Clipped printed and sketched characters
- Noted additional world facts and thoughts
- Formulated more complete series arc
Deportment & Deceit
- Oil Paintings from 1814, any with blue dresses in them?
- Deadly plants that grow in England
- Events in 1852 London
- London Protocol (Treaty of 1852)
- Fashion in 1852
- Queen Victoria's children and pregnancies
- Wicker Hassocks
- Evolution of Exams in Schools
- History of Wedgewood Pottery
- Internal schematics of early steamers
- Etymology of the slang term peepers.
- Serving tea & tea services
- Introduction of military elements into lady's dresses in the 1850s (used English Women's Clothing in the Nineteenth Century)
- Portraits in 1852
- Opening of the season in London (family return just after Christmas, being associating in March, larger events begin in May) thank you What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew
- A meal for mid March. (Things a Lady Would Like to Know March 16: Vermicelli Soup, Leg of Mutton and Current Jelly Sauce, Potatoes and Broccoli, Bakewell pudding)
- Ways to tie a narrow cravat
- Etymology of the word whizz
- Expense and toxicity of oil paints before 1900
- When did England officially abolish slavery? 1833
- How to spell turbot
- Location of British coalfields in the 19th century
- History of drinking straws
- Names of the parts of a piccolo
~ The Finishing School Book the Second:
Writing rough draft now.
Etiquette & Espionage
~ The Finishing School Book the First:
Copy edits done! Awaiting galley. Release date Feb 2013.
Have seen initial cover mock-up and it is stunning!
~ Soulless Vol. 1: Artwork is complete. Chapter by chapter serialization (online subscription required) ongoing at YenPlus
. Printed volume releases March 1. Have seen initial cover mock-up for Soulless Vol. 2 (AKA Changeless
) and it is beyond fabulous!
~ Parasol Protectorate Book the Last: In production. Releases March 1. Preorder now if you wish.
~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Release date fall 2013. She's started waking me up in the middle of the night with ideas.
despite hating the cover.
Quote of the Day:
"A book is to me like a hat or coat - a very uncomfortable thing until the newness has been worn off."
~ Charles B. Fairbanks