A fun little conversation over on the new Parasol Protectorate Facebook group sparked this blog. So thank you Gentle Facebookers, for the prod in the articulate direction.
- Tarabotti ~ TARA-bot-tea (As in Scarlet O'Hara's home. It's an homage to a historical figure of the same name, the fascinating early early feminist, Archangelica Tarabotti. If you look up her story, you'll find cookies.)
- Maccon ~ Mack-CON (Not like Bacon, sadly. I chose it for the meaning.)
- Akeldama ~ Ak-el-DA-ma (It's mispronounced in the first audiobook because they didn't consult with me until the second. I don't know how it would be pronounced in the original language but is has to be pronounced DA-ma for reasons that become apparent in the last book.)
- Lefoux ~ Leh-FOO (I pronounce that way in my head, but I think it may rightly be pronounced differently. We all know how faux-pas is pronounce. The name is a inside joke amongst my friends.)
- Sidheag ~ SHEE-ak alternatively pronounced SIDH-hey, just to make matters confusing. (Again, chosen for its meaning, all the pack names are.)
- Dubh ~ Duv
- Featherstonehaugh ~ FES-ten-hew (Chosen because I knew it was one of "those" British names and I just wanted to mess with people. Also, I'm a big fan of the movie adaptation of the EM Forster novel Maurice.)
- Quesnel ~ Qui-NELL (I think, I'm bad with the French ones.)
Your moment of parasol . . .
Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Your Tisane of Smart:
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Timeless: Finished with last draft, awaiting copyedits.
Etiquette & Espionage: The Finishing School Book One: Third draft done and in to first reader. Yes!
Secret Project PPA: Only a twinkle in my little eye.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!
My publisher's official announcement about the release of Heartless.
Quote of the Day:
"A good book should leave you . . . slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it."
~ William Styron