The Winnah & Poll Results


Contest winner
Alicia is the winner of the Sans Âme Contest & A New Facebook Group. I simply put the number of members (1076) into a random number generator and got 63, which happened to be her.

Please don't be disappointed, as I pointed out on the Facebook group there will be many more contests. Some coming right up for the new fashion blog and for the release of Heartless. Some time in the distant future I am also plotting a Parasol Protectorate Ultimate contest. (I have been saving first editions of every book, including the ARC and foreign language publications, plus all the swag, plus the audio-books on CD, in a special octopus bag for the be-all end-all Uber Fan contest after the series has ended).

Poll Results
Thanks to everyone who participated in the recent poll, I found the results very interesting. I neglected certain areas of media and literature because those are things I have little or no contact with myself, so I'm unlikely to blog about them. The poll was more for me to determine what I should chat with you about. I mean there is hardly any point in me burbling on about Top Chef if none of you watch it, now is there?

Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:

Your Tisane of Smart:

Your Writerly Tinctures:
Size matters?

Timeless: Back from editor, off to Gamma (who is taking it to Israel). My book travels where I haven't!
Secret Project F: Plod plod.
Secret Project PPA: Only a twinkle in my little eye.


BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

League of Steam Interview for the SteamGeeks Podcast. Discussed Mourning Jewelry among many other things. Really fun. Although the last 15 minutes got eaten, so not quite certain what is there.

Quote of the Day:
"It is very strange, this domination of our intellect by our digestive organs. We cannot work, we cannot think, unless our stomach wills so. It dictates to us our emotions, our passions. After eggs and bacon it says, “Work!” After beefsteak and porter, it says, “Sleep!” After a cup of tea (two spoonfuls for each cup, and don’t let it stand for more than three minutes), it says to the brain, “Now rise, and show your strength. Be eloquent, and deep, and tender; see, with a clear eye, into Nature, and into life: spread your white wings of quivering thought, and soar, a god-like spirit, over the whirling world beneath you, up through long lanes of flaming stars to the gates of eternity!"
~ Jerome K. Jerome, ‘Three Men in a Boat’

Labels: , , ,