Love the One Your With


So, Gentle Reader, I've been working on the last Parasol Protectorate book (handed in today!), and the first Finishing School book (due in just a few months), and possible one other project. Of course, what I really want to do is work on my new blog.

Why do we get like this I wonder? Most authors are this way, whatever it is we happen to be writing we'd rather be doing something else.

So the idea for the fashion blog is that it will be mostly images of retro outfits, mine, other people's, vintage photo shoots. There will be segments on tailoring and changing thrifted items, hat decorating, vintage makeup, and that kind of thing. I'm also hoping to include some spreads on how to take vintage looks and make them a more modern and street savvy.

Retro Rack will be on blogspot, not LJ. I might do a backup version on LJ, but that may ride on how easy that is to set up. Since the Retro Rack will be very image heavy, I need a UI that's more conducive to image handling. LJ gallery just doesn't cut it, my dears.


Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:

Your Tisane of Smart:
Drawer Organizers! Tea cup jewelry organizer and Drawer divider.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Plotting For Your Story

Timeless: Third draft done and in to editor!
Secret Project F: It is ALIVE! (again)
Secret Project PPA: Only a twinkle in my little eye.


BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first!

Just finished the last round of edits on Timeless, here is what my set up for editing looks like. This is not my normal desk, which is a standing stations, but a card table I put up special for this stage of the writing process. Goodness, I'm so darn ritualized!


Quote of the Day:
"Books aren't written, they're rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it..."
~ Michael Crichton

Labels: , , ,