- Going Down Under to AussieCon4 September 2 ~ 6, in Melboure, Australia. I'll be on a number of panels there.
- At Barnes & Noble in Huntington Beach, CA, on Thursday, September 9, at 7 PM.
- Borders in Redmond, WA, on Friday, September 10, at 7 PM.
- Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego, CA on Saturday, September 11 at 2 PM.
- Unoffical-not-really-but-almost Bay Area Blameless booklaunch party at Books Inc, in San Francisco at the Opera Plaza location, on Friday, September 24, 7 ~ 9 PM.
- I'm participating in Lit Quake's Lit Crawl on the evening of Saturday, October 9, in San Francisco.
- I'm slated to teach a writing class for Wordplay at Books, Inc. Opera Plaza in San Francisco Sunday, October 24 from 10:30 AM ~ 1:30 PM. The tentative title is: Material Characterization: Peopling Fiction with Objects, Culture and Comedy.
- At OryCon November 12 ~ 14, 2010
- Signing at Powell's in Beaverton Sci-Fi Authorfest on Sunday, November 14, 4 ~ 5 PM.
- At the Seattle Steampunk Convention November 19 ~ 21, 2010.
I've nothing more for today because I'm pushing hard to get this draft done so that it can go to my first reader so that she has time to get it back to me before I leave for Down Under. I'm certain you all understand. I promise that for the next 2 weeks all blogs will be charming, and witty, and delightful, and . . . well, at least something more than just ketchup.
Your moment of parasol . . .
Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec: Pterror Over Paris
Your Tisane of Smart:
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Emily says, "I got a huge kick out of the lead character, too. It’s hard not to like a woman who, in the first chapter, retreats to the library to escape a boring ball, where she scolds a rude vampire for his lack of manners, whacks him with her parasol, and then is more upset that said vampire knocked over the treacle tart than by the fact that he tried to bite her. And that's just the beginning. Wait until you read the exchanges between her and her friend Ivy – hilarious!"
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless. Tansy says, "I particularly liked the dirigible ride, which gave a real sense of how awesome and strange the whole zeppelin travel thing would be, and the awesome lady scientist Madame Lefoux. I rather liked the extra emphasis on mad science in this volume, especially as regards Alexia’s splendid new steampunk parasol. Really, this is the best parasol in the history of the universe. We all need one."
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Heartless: Rough Draft done. Working first draft. Final draft due Nov 1.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision. Updated proposal delayed.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.
Quote of the Day:
"It is better to write a bad first draft than to write no first draft at all."
~ Will Shetterly