More Ketchup


Ketchup seems to be my life right now, Gentle Reader. I'm sorry I have nothing more witty to say. Soon I hope to be back to blogging norm but right now anniversaries, writing, negotiations, publishers, rain, broken car, and a whole host of other niggling details are interfering in this, obviously, the most important part of my day. Here's a fun little bookmark that turned up on Facebook:

Changeless is nominated for a 2010 Goodreads Choice Award for Paranormal Fantasy. According to the missive I received: The polls are open to all readers throughout the month of December, and the winners will be announced in the January 2011 newsletter.
So do please vote of me if you feel like it.

Someone posted this image to Facebook recently of both the German and English cover art. It's rather lovely, I feel.

Soulless
takes on yet another language!


Lastly, victory is mine, I have finished Daft 8 of Heartless, and I *think* that's it until copy edits, Gentle Reader. I can but hope. I'm really pleased with it, this one is my quazi-Sherlock Holmes ode. It was fun to write, but a real pain to edit for some reason. Funny how each book has it's own set of quirks for the writer. I wonder what Timeless will be like. I guess there is only one way to find out . . .

Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Loved Jasper Conran's Spring Summer 2011 retro inspired collection, very Dirty Dancing. And just a tip off, I'm seeing white lace dresses all over the Spring/Summer 2011 runways. Retro, floaty, structured, tight, full skirts, you name it.
Your Tisane of Smart:
Cute idea for a gift when you can't think of anything else.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
A fan recently asked whether cons were "worth it". The answer depends on many factors, the cost of the con, the kind of con, the stage you are in your career. I passed the buck on to my dear (tolerant and game) friend J. Daniel Sawyer who posed an excellent blog on the subject. If you want a little more meat on the cost of promotion as an author, you can try Tee's Price of Publicity. I may do my own blog on this subject if there is enough interest. At my particular career stage (different from both of hte above two gentlemen) convention appearances have different repercussions. I will hint that there are many reasons I am cutting back on conventions next year, and leaning more and more in favor of solo signings ~ something most authors oppose.

The eclectic-eccentric says, "I have re-read very few books this year, much less than normal, but I could not resist re-reading this one." teeny tiny
SPOILER ALERT! In which Changeless (the red-headed stepchild of my series so far) makes a Best Of 2010 list!
Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first. Faded Hat's review.


Heartless: Finished draft 8, turned in!
Timeless: Just an outline, making sure I pick up cookies and threads.
Secret Project F: Axed down and back with the agent.

Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded is out.
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 is out.

Quote of the Day:
"No tale tells all."
~ Alexei Panshin

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,