Friday Ketchup: Teaching, Writing, Shoes!



Gentle Reader, some ketchup before the weekend. I know I have been remiss in my extra-special fun blogging. You are expecting Character Profiles. I will do more, I promise! They just take a little while to prep and now is not the time for such blogging. Let me just get through November. "I have deviants to see and a novel to finish." (Guess the quote, guess the quote! It's one of my favorite movies and one of my favorite actresses -wearing the cutest suit - which should tell you a whole lot about my personality.)

I am teaching this Sunday in SF at Books Inc Opera Plaza Wordplay Class. So far, only 6 students, but I have fun and games planned. Literally, for I will reveal all the tricks behind writing comedy. Then I will reveal all the secrets of publishing. OK, all the ones I know. And finally, answer any questions asked of me as honestly as possible. There could be lives lost. The chaos, the chaos. Oh and I am wearing a very cute pair of shoes. Shawa, was there any doubt?


In honor of Halloween The Book Whisperer asks some of us what story frightened us the most. It's a fun blog and I enjoyed reading everyone else's picks.

Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
The Infamous Tree Octopus
Your Tisane of Smart:
Sampled Vintage Tea Leaf's Casablanca. This one is a large leaf black with a green (or possibly oolong) mixed in. It smelled rather herby. so I was quite suspicious. Tea was a green yellow brown color, not unlike dishwater and had a faint lemon spell to it. It brewed weak, but was a pleasant color once whole milk was added. The tase was very green, undertones of black, with a non-acidic lemon finish. (Perhaps from verbena or lemon grass or lemon oil?) It wasn't as herby as I had feared and seemed refreshing even in a hot form. However, this one wasn't particularly to my taste.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Collecting nice rejections?

In which I am asked to be best friends based entirely on tea choices. Can you think of a better reason?
SPOILER ALERT! A new fan to the series. "Oh I loved this ‘Parasol Protectorate’ series. In fact after I read the very last page of the third book, I returned to the beginning of the first and read all three again."
Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first. Blodeuedd says, "It is a fun book as always, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Miss Carriger is sitting there giggling while writing." And she'd right. Blake is prone to complaining to the trait of mine when we write together. He says I "cackle evilly."

Heartless: Working on rewrite, Draft 5 read through. Final draft due Nov 1.
Timeless: Just an outline, making sure I pick up cookies and threads.
Secret Project F: Axed down and back with the agent.

Quote of the Day:
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
~ Henry Ford

Labels: , , , , ,