8.12.2010

A Quick Goodbye

SteampunkI had a very successful day yesterday, Gentle Reader. Lots of little things accomplished: good news from my first Beta reader on Heartless, just enough word count on Secret Project F to give to my agent without worry, most of my packing done, bank dealt with, and decisions made. Now I feel I can head off with at least some of my affairs in order.

Hotmail has decided, in its infinite wisdom, to remove the vacation away feature. Probably because too many were using it to notify of a change of email address leaving hotmail. In any event, this has forced me to leave, too. Sigh. This means that any messages directed to my hotmail address will go unanswered while I am off the grid for the next few weeks. I do not mean to be rude, it's just that my footman is forgetful. When I return, I will be leaving hotmail for good.

I've prepped an FAQ to post tomorrow morning before I leave, so if people come searching they will know where I am. I look forward to meeting many of you over the next month and I hope you all enjoy Blameless.

Your moment of parasol . . .


Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:

Your Tisane of Smart:
The Insults of Oscar Wilde
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Absolutely fascinating conversation about Twitter going on over on Natalie's blog.

Geek Girl says, "As I started reading, all I could think was, “Damn, I totally know why they gave her a book contract!” Carriger blew me away almost immediately."
SPOILER ALERT! Adore Happy Endings says, "I liked the plot of this book a lot. The mystery that Alexia had to resolve was a real tough one. I couldn’t put the book down, until I knew what it was. "
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Heartless: Rough Draft done. First draft with first reader. Final draft due Nov 1.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.

Quote of the Day:
"And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind."
~ Dave Barry

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! Will you continue blogging? It doesn't sound like it. :( How sad.

    I'll miss you! But have fun!

    ReplyDelete