Interview

A new/old interview I did back in January, posted in English. Here's a sample:

What else inspired you when you came up with the characters?
I love the ridiculous, in life, in literature, in television. Like most authors, I find myself borrowing from any or all of these places when Print building characters. I don't like to be too stereotypical, if you continue to read the Parasol Protectorate series you will find I have built up some archetypes in Soulless that I will take great glee in tearing apart.

I am sorry my dears, nothing more for today. I'm afraid I am rather unwell. It's taking me out for the count for the rest of the week. I hope to be back and in top form soon.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:

Your Tisane of Smart:

Your Writerly Tinctures:
A short list of query don'ts.


Stella says, "Ms. Carriger's work is, in a word, delightful. Her books are witty, urbane, elegant, crafty, well-mannered, steamy, smooth, punchy, hilarious, heartwarming and heartbreaking. I think of them as kitchen sink stories, because you've got a little bit of everything in there. Her prose is gorgeous, her characters are interesting and her plots are inventive. You want to make her acquaintance. You really, really do." Very kind!
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless.
Tansy spots one of my underhanded plots, "Another plus of this series is that Alexia is surrounded by women, so many different female characters!"
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Heartless: First Draft done! Final draft due Nov 1.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision. Updated proposal delayed.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.

Quote of the Day:
"The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind."
~ G.K. Chesterton

Labels: ,