6.28.2010

Parasol Protectorate Quiz

Gail ParasolSo, Gentle Reader, I've been playing about with a Parasol Protectorate Quiz and here it is.


It's not jiving quite right with Facebook, Livejournal, and co, so I may redo it for internals. But who knows if I'll get the time. Sorry if it doesn't quite work for you, it seems to be happy on the second try, but I had fun making it.


In other news I (utterly unsurprisingly) lost the Locus Award to Mr. Bag'o'doughnuts himself. *Shakes tiny fists of furry into the air, throws head back and yells "Paolo-o-o-o-o-o!"* In all honesty, I adore this guy and I have a sinking feeling his book actually is genius, so I don't mind. But he totally owes me a chocolate martini.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
I'm obsessed with vanishing edge pools (AKA infinity pools)

To me swimming is already as close as a girl can get to flying, this kind of pool only emphasizes that fact. I've never actually been in one, but someday I hope to.
Your Tisane of Smart:
Glyde Vegan Condoms are fair-trade natural latex, they even have organically flavored ones.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
What it takes to be a literary agent.

Clockwork Pen says, "Soulless is a satisfying book that takes a fresh perspective on vampires (they don’t sparkle), werewolves, and other supernatural things that go bump in the night."
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless. Kristi syas, "I just adore these books and the more I read them, the more they stand out as very different from the norm, in a good way."
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Heartless: Plugging away. Due Nov 1.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision. Due July 1.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.

Quote of the Day:
"If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you."
~ Gladstone, 1865

1 comment:

  1. I will have you know, I am most definitely a ghost. It was funny because at first I was like "I don't want to be a ghost" and then the description was me to a "T" so there you have it!

    ReplyDelete