Fashion, Ebook Final Thoughts, Other Minutia

First off, thanks to everyone for your overwhelming response to my ebook poll. I haven't the time to reply to all the comments, but I have scanned through all of the over 80 replies with increasing interest. In the end, I have come to almost no conclusions what-so-ever. But, boy it sure is fascinating stuff.

My own plans for a ebook reader, Gentle Reader, are as follows. I will buy one when there is some kind of cross platform option. I don't like buying in to a format or into a dedicated devise. There is a chance I will get a reader when I get some other useful little multi-devise, a very sophisticated smart phone or the like. But since I am an noted technophobe that may be a long time in coming. And no, I am not considering the iPad or the iPhone, I don't like their app business model nor their censorship policies.

I don't have a set blog for today, Gentle Reader, had a long weekend away and Book IV is calling my name. I also have in house copy to produce and eight book reviews due at the end of the week. So here are some photos from the fashion file. I love this kind of thing, clothing as modern art. I don't have the figure to wear it at all, but I do love it.

I shall leave you with the following thought: everything is better with kazoos except small children.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Parasol extreme sports from the Gilmore Girls. Thanks to Rob Will Review for the link.

Your Tisane of Smart:
Interview with skeptic DJ Grothe on GeekSpeak this week, absolutely brilliant.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Do It Anyway writing advise from Steven Pressfield.

Creative Wallpapers, "If you haven’t read Soulless, the first book in the Parasol protectorate- series, I sincerely (and perfectly!) envy you! Since this is the best Victorian-steampunk-vampire-werewolf-Jane-Austen book of the millennia! Really! It is!
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless. Book Rat says, "These are the types of "people" you want to invite into your brain [readthisreadthisreadthis] and keep there [loveitloveitloveit]. If you haven't picked up the first book in the Parasol Protectorate, kick yourself and then go get it."
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Heartless: Plugging away. Due Nov 1. IH Copy due soon.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision. Due July 1.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.

Quote of the Day:
"Stories have a beginning, a middle and an end. But not necessarily in that order."
~ Robert Silverberg

Labels: , ,