As always, I'm making you give me something first. Don't worry, it won't be as hard as the podcaster payback contest. This is going to be more like the very first contest I ever ran, almost exactly one year ago, only with even cooler prizes, so here it goes. By now I'm hoping most of you have managed to find, beg, borrow, or steal Changeless. So . . . it's review time!
1. Write a review of Changeless, 60 words or more.
2. Post the review online, Amazon, Goodreads, your personal blog, B&N, etc... If you've already written one, that is fine (although I'd be delighted if you reposted to a second venue).
3. Leave a comment with a link to the review bellow or email it to me (gailcarriger at hotmail)
4. Include the best way of contacting you.
5. One entry per person.
6. Contest open until Sunday June 6.
7. Contest open to international entrants.
On Monday June 7 I will use a random number generator to choose 2 winners.
Two winners will receive the following:
- A unique, one of only four in existence, Parasol Protectorate Book II Pin designed and handmade by Rubyblackbird.
- A first edition copy of Soulless, signed and dedicated (if desired)
- A first edition copy of Changeless, signed and dedicated (if desired)
- A sneak peek at the entire first chapter of Blameless ~ oooooo!
- A first edition copy of Blameless, signed and dedicated (if desired) to be sent as soon as I receive my box (so long as I am not out of the country)
- An original unpublished short story featuring Alexia's father, Alessandro Tarabotti, signed
So there it is! Big fat prizes galore. Have fun, and good luck.
Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Your Tisane of Smart:
The Marmite story
Your Writerly Tinctures:
There is so much good stuff in the recent SFWA bulletin. An excellent article on ebook rights (which may explain why some authors are wary of Orbit's new venture), another on WorldCon and its future, the fact the Realms of Fantasy is doing a women in fantasy theme, and that Cory Doctorow wants your keyboard (and here I always thought he was after my brain meats). These also something on BookScan data (the great and mysterious) and a little article on Young Adult Fantasy and its hotness. If there was ever any reason to join SFWA a magazine like this one is it. Brilliant!
Her Majesty is unexpectedly charmed, "I really didn't expect to like this book because it was a new genre to me. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was about Steampunk. I loved this book. Reading this book made me feel like the day that I read my first paranormal romance."
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless. Ooh-books is turning fan girl, and asks me to explain "why octopus?": "It was completely and absolutely worth my time. I plan on buying and reading every novel Gail Carriger writes."
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON'T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven't read the other books first.
Super Secret Project H: Plugging away.
Super Secret Project F: Under revision.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.
Quote of the Day:
"Mercedes is black, I'm gay – we make culture."