Q&A All About Books

Research - Tea and BooksWhat was your favorite childhood book?
D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths
What are you reading at the moment?
The Joy of Writing Sex: A Guide for Fiction Writers
Has any one book changed your life?
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce, because of that book I met one of my best friends and through that friendship all my high-school chums. Twenty years later these people are still my greatest allies.
Which fictional character do you resemble?
I'd like to think I'm Alanna-like (apart from appearance).
The book that made you want to be a writer?
The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper
Was there a book you were supposed to like but hated?
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
What's the most recent book you've read you would recommend to others?
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
What's your favorite book of all time?
The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Some wonderful stampunk sculptures.

Your Tisane of Smart:
Why time flies as we get older.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Guardian article all about werewolves

The Disgruntled Bear, is not so disgruntled. "I started this review a couple of days ago, but got so caught up in SOULLESS again that I ended up reading it cover-to-cover again."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon and Powell's have posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book.
Blameless: Done, happy dance.
Super Secret Project H: Treatment submitted to agent. Paused.
Super Secret Project F: Consulted betas, good to go. Hope to write first two chapters next week.
CAKE in Space: Trunked for the moment.
Non-fiction short: (can go up to 3000) Finished first draft.
Not so secret fiction short: (can go up to 13,000) Working this week. Yes, it's true. This is for the Mammouth Book of Paranormal Romance 2. For once, my British fans will get something first. I'm warning you now, it may not be what you expect.

Quote of the Day:
"Okay, so I had maybe a little too much fun w/ this..."
~ Blake on the subject of our up coming interview (wait for it . . .)

Labels: , ,