Divorcing the Tivo

In The NewsThe modern age has given us a whole new set of things that must be separated and negotiated when one is moving, Gentle Reader. For example: in the divorce it's not simply "who gets the cat" it's "who gets the roomba."

Then there's Separation of Tivo. My housemates and I did share TV preferences in some things, like Dr. Who, CSI, So You Think You Can Dance, Dollhouse, Daily Show, Big Bang Theory, & House but I did feel it politic of me to delete the "mine only" items.
There should be an online handler for this. You know, so one can dial up one's list, store it, and then dial it back down at a different Tivo/DVR. Look at me inventing something for the tech-heads to come up with. (Of course, it could already exist I'm just to inept to find it.) Now do that and my robot arm phone/pod/reader combo with the beamable keyboard and I'll finally be at peace with technology.)

I also had to make the decision to let some shows go. It's like dating, a few of us are just not working out. Merlin and Arthur are clearly never going to get together, despite the sexual tension between them, so I deleted Merlin. I just can't stand watching that kind of unrequited lust anymore. Supernatural also got the ax, not enough shirtlessness recently, and I just can't get behind the whole angel thing.

Unfortunately for me, I am now going to The Land Without Tivo. I shall have to learn how to download stuff online or something. It's very stressful. I will miss my little TV programs on demand. But I suppose this will give me a chance to get caught up on The Guild finally.

* Yes, I am perfectly well aware of the fact that this list indicates, without a doubt, that I am, in fact, a gay man.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Katana brolly!

Your Tisane of Smart:
Gray-Sky Thinking: 15 Uniquely Modern Umbrella Designs
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Very sad to hear that the Rappaport Agency is closing. I've meet Jenny and she is a total sweetheart. Not only that, she reps a dear friend of mine: David J. Williams. So sad.

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
And over here I sparkle! In the immortal words of Tee Morris, "Fabulous!"
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Finished edits, back with betas.

Quote of the Day:
"My theory is that if Arthur does not already suspect that Merlin is a warlock by the end of the season, he almost certainly suspects that Merlin has an enormous crush on him."
~ Madeleine Mitchell

Labels: ,