11.11.2009

Vampire Interview & Other Quandary

Octopus Logo
Being interviewed today over on Vampire Film Fest. Here's a sample:

VF: Any favorite vampires from lit, film, or TV?

GC: I don't think he really counts, but I love Dorian Gray. I have a real soft spot for Mina Murray in The League of Extraordinary Gentleman graphic novel series and I adore the character of Drusilla on Buffy. Not to sneak in werewolves, but I was turned to the furry side by Klause's brilliant YA novel Blood and Chocolate.

And, in leau of a proper blog (life, my dears, is hitting me hard) I give you one of my favorite recent blogs, all about how urban fantasy and paranormal books have headless people on their covers. The Curious Case of the Headless Heroine, Or the Torso Rides at Midnight



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Octopus keds.

Your Tisane of Smart:
Scots Aim Lasers at Landmarks
Your Writerly Tinctures:
All about attitude in query letters

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
Book Buyer Anonymous has become obsessed. "Hijinx of the best kind ensue: espionage, flamboyant vampires, uninvited advances, and streetside groping, oh my!" And more from Goodreads & Powells.
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Handed in!

Quote of the Day:
"I never want to see anyone, and I never want to go anywhere or do anything. I just want to write."
~ P. G. Wodehouse

3 comments:

  1. Great interview - I always loved Drusilla. And somehow never forgot her vampiric French manicure -- blood red with white tips. She was so appealingly nutty.

    Frankie and I of the First Novels Club are getting together tonight to write a co-review of Soulless! So excited to finally squee over it with her. We'll email you the link when it posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw these and thought of the Parasol Protectorate, if course!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/10539399@N02/2614103946/sizes/o/

    You may already know about this blog: http://fuckyeahoctopi.tumblr.com/post/232851372/via-needlejunkie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, please do let me know, I look forward to it.
    Nyla, thanks for the awesome links I ruthlessly reposted and tweeted them.

    ReplyDelete