11.20.2009

Sexy Steampunk

I've been voted Best Dressed in the First Novels Club's first blogger superlatives.

I have a guest blog up at Tee Morris's site all about the sexiness of steampunk. Please excuse the typos, I was late, it was tired. Or something.

Obviously, first and foremost, one word: corsets. There are a number of fine corsets (on the outside and underneath, worn by men and women) bumming about the steampunk scene. But as scrumptious as they are, there’s also . . .



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:

Your Tisane of Smart:
Remains of Minoan-style painting discovered during excavations of Canaanite palace (Assaf is an old prof of mine, how cool is that?)
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Lauren talks about author branding.


CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
Speaking of sexy, Lord Akeldama makes a brief, though of course colorful, appearance on the Out of the Coffin Podcast #51.
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Back from editor with edits to do.

Quote of the Day:
"What is not good for the hive is not good for the bee."
~ Marcus Aurelius

5 comments:

  1. What's your thoughts on the author branding Gail? Are you a tattoo girl or no? :)

    I like the idea of the branding. Nicole's design is super cool. And I really like the octopus design on the spines of your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have considered an octopus tattoo, either that or a blow fish (long story). But I've come down firmly against as, in the end, they really just look like bruises from any kind of distance and I don't want to wander around in buff looking like a victim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you when I saw this new blogger layout. Not sure if it's your style but thought I'd share anyway!

    ReplyDelete