It's All Go at Goodreads

Research - Tea and BooksToday I'm being featured in the debut corner of the Goodreads newsletter. We had a lovely little interview. Here's a sample:

Goodreads: Prudish Victorian society labels protagonist Alexia a "spinster" at age 26. Why this chaste time period for a feisty heroine like Alexia?

Gail Carriger: I think Alexia, given her stalwart character and undeniably acerbic wit, needs something to struggle against, and an entire societal framework is a good start.

And in more good Goodreads news, Felicia Day liked my book. How awesome is that?

There are 130 other reviews up as well. Yes, 130. Wow. Goodreads is kicking Amazon 67's proverbial arse.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
And more parasol art.

Your Tisane of Smart:
Emergency Tea Units.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
My dear friend Blake's very first author interview, he has a high concept fantasy coming out through Tor next February, and he is a total hoot.

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
Smexy Book review is all about the relationship. "The cast of characters in Soulless will have you smiling throughout. Add in a tender romance and a clever mystery, and Soulless has made its way to my keeper shelf."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Back from editor with edits to do.

Quote of the Day:
"I never had any doubts about my abilities. I knew I could write. I just had to figure out how to eat while doing this."
~ Cormac McCarthy

Labels: , , , ,