11.16.2009

Interview & Contest at Suburban Vampire, YA Review

Mysterious - NoirI'm being interviewed over at Suburban Vampire also there is also a contest to win a copy of Soulless. Here's a sample.

CK: Were you a vampire and werewolf fan before embarking upon your own tales of creatures of the night?

GC: Not as such. I came at vampires via the appeal of the modern aesthetic (I do own my own pair of very nice fangs) combined with a literary interest in 1800s gothic fiction (unwisely nurtured in high school by a succession of deluded teachers): The Castle of Otranto, The Vampyre, The Monk, Fall of the House of Usher, and, of course, spoofs like Northanger Abby. I suppose you could say I found my bloody path the old-fashioned way.

Also, and I don't often do reviews in this section, but I thought this one was significant as it is a specifically YA focused review. Zombie Girl gives Soulless a PG13 rating, with which I entirely agree and has this to say: "I especially loved Alexia and Lord Maccon's bickering and Alexia's relationship with her best friend, Miss Hisselpenny."



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Thank you David Malki.

Your Tisane of Smart:
Shout out for the paper doll.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
How not to get an agent

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
One of my lovely twitter friends the young librarian says "I really loved it. I liked the multiple storytelling points of view, the mix of comedy, fantasy elements, steampunk elements, and romance."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Back from editor with edits to do.

Quote of the Day:
"It is not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts. It saves one having to bother anyone else with them."
~ Isabel Colegate

No comments:

Post a Comment