10.21.2009

Proofs & Edits & Parties, oh my!

Writing by HandI'm being interviewed today, Gentle Reader, over on Juiciliciouss Reviews mostly about the writing process.

Meanwhile, I am being a good little writer beast and nosing down into the proofs for Book the Second, before jumping into the edits for Book the Third. Everything is due the same weekend as my book launch party at the World Fantasy Convention. I've said it before and I'll say in again, the publishing industry has a fiber issue: everything is either clogged up or due all at once.

And with that charming metaphor, I leave you with your regularly scheduled programming.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Some very Ivy-esk hats


Your Tisane of Smart:
Frieze dated from 5,000 years ago found in Peru
Your Writerly Tinctures:
The future of publishing?

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
I Read Romance really likes it. "Wow! That’s about the only thing I can say about this book is…well, wow."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Now back with many edits & freaking me out.

Quote of the Day:
"What is wrong with evil weregoats in the third book. They can't be all that baaaaaaad..."
~ Zombie_Joe (twitter)

3 comments:

  1. I just finished Soulless and LOVED it. (I snorted aloud on many, many occasions, which is just about the highest compliment I can bestow.) And now I get the Ivy-esque hats reference - yay I'm in the loop!

    Quote of the Day = made of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted you liked it, and that it made you snort!

    ReplyDelete