10.19.2009

Guest Blog VampChix

I'm so darn busy, Gentle Reader, for the next few weeks I'm wondering how I will find time for tea! No, seriously.

However, my virtual self has managed to get ahead of myself, as it were. I'm guest blogging at VampChix. Here's a sample:
Vampires are awkward. No really, they are. Let me try to explain what I mean. I'm sure you are all used to thinking of vampires as dark, handsome, swaggering, sexy, mysterious, and sometimes sparkly. But really, in the end, they're kind of the socially challenged of the supernatural world.

Now I'm sure you are all wondering about the contest. I promise I will pull the winner today and post it tomorrow. Check back then!



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Home movie shot at Disney Land in 1956.
Your Tisane of Smart:
A 200,000-Year-Old Cut of Meat
Your Writerly Tinctures:
StoryCorps Podcast 135: Page Turners, two short stories about the power of librarians. Fabulous.

CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don't have time for it.
DearAuthor gives me a B-. Still, not unkind. "The worldbuilding was extremely robust and given in small, telling details as well as broader strokes."
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don't read if you haven't read the first book!
Blameless: Now with third beta.

Quote of the Day:
"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word."
~ Andrew Jackson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail- haven't read your book Soulless yet, but I'd just like to say that the entire premise really has me intrigued (and I am not usually into the vampire thing). It sounds like a really fun series, and I really like the name "Parasol Protectorate." I hope it does well, and I hope to read the book as soon as I find it in a bookstore :-)

    ReplyDelete