End of Project Insanity Mark II

Hesitation - Shoe Fix
I'm at the end of this draft of Book the Third, Gentle Reader. From here on out it goes its merry way through three betas, one more set of revisions, and then off to my editor. What this really means is that Blameless is now gone away from me for a full month at least. I find, and this has never happened to me before, that I am in a mild state of panic for I have no writing project planned next.

Since I go back to teaching this fall, this is probably a good thing. But still, nothing to write – it is almost as though I have no purpose in life. Ever since I sold Soulless two years ago, I've always had something on my plate. I feel feckless and rudderless.

Oh no, what do I do?

Meh, it's just end-of-project-itis.



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
There is a vampire convention happening in Hollywood this weekend (August 14-16). I'm still out of the country but it sure looks like fun.
Your Tisane of Smart:
Awesome old school medical tools.

A Skull Saw (1830s-60s)
This hand-cranked saw's blades were used to cut through sections of the skull, allowing for access by other instruments.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Hillarious summation of WorldCon

CAKE in Space: With agent.
Soulless: In which Rosefox takes me to task for caricatures and craves slash. Strangely, or perhaps not, she articulates all the things I upend in the second book. (Insert evil laugh here.) Here's the bit I love. "Glorious glorious slashiness." And then after some insider slash-terminology I don't understand, "This book is patently intended to be a fanfic goldmine and I can't wait." To which I take the 5th for contractual reasons. But say, quite stealthily, that one of my mile markers for making it as an author is M/M slash.
Changeless: Awaiting copyedit. Release date currently April 2010. Got cover (everyone say "ooooo").
Blameless Gone off to betas.

Quotes of the Day:
"I am irritated by my own writing. I am like a violinist whose ear is true, but whose fingers refuse to reproduce precisely the sound he hears within."
~ Gustave Flaubert
(Now, I've read Flaubert and I must admit to beign a bit irritated by his writing too.)

Labels: