Some Things I Love About Writing
Some Things I Hate About Writing
- Editing ~ no really, it's my favorite part
- Ellipses ~ nuff said
- The Oxford comma ~ beautiful, elegant, tidy, and necessary
- Action scenes & snappy dialogue
- Being god
Gail's Daily Dose
- Double-spaced formatting ~ never type it, hate converting it, not enough information on the screen at one time
- Double spaces after a period ~ just annoying
- The semi colon ~ it's not its fault that no one knows how to apply it (speaking of it's & its...)
- Nookie scenes & romance
- Realizing that god makes far too many consistency errors
Your Infusion of Cute:Steampunk Office
Your Tisane of Smart:Scotland yard testing new police headcams, burst into flames. "We're not against it," said Smyth. "But a couple of them have caught fire, which isn't ideal."
that British gift for understatement.
Your Writerly Tinctures:All about character naming
via the smartbitches
. Those who know me well know that this is an aspect of writing that runs very close to my heart. These days I simply will not read books with boring character names, I figure the author lacks imagination.
CAKE in Space: With agent.Soulless
: More librarian compliments to make me blush.Changeless
: working on corrected draft for copyedit. Release date currently April 2010.Blameless
That's my minimum met, but the story itself isn't quite done yet, so I'm still plugging away.
Quote of the Day:
"Life is what happens to a writer between drafts."
~ Dennis R. Miller