Because I was asked to do this recently for an interview, I present you, Gentle Reader, with a moment of shameless self-promotion. Gail's pick for the 7 best things said (publicly) so far about Soulless.
1. "Laugh out loud funny and refreshingly different, Soulless kept me turning pages well into the night."
~ Angie Fox (She gave me my cover blurb.)
2. "The Parasol Protectorate presents what is perhaps the most original twist on vampire and werewolf mythology to ever appear in the genre."
~ Robert William Berg
(He gave me probably my best review ever. I was overcome when I read it. I kept checking over my shoulder to see if he was in the room. My Mom wouldn't believe me that he wasn't one of my best friends or betas in disguise, it was as though he knew the book that well.)
3. "This book is something special, a paean to and gentle satire of the Victorian delight with frivolity, witty to the end."
~ JD Sawyer
4. "It's as fun as it looks, I promise you, and I love that this feels like something new."
~ Janice Y.
5. "I wanted to pick it up as soon as possible whenever I had to put it down."
6. "I fell quickly into comfort with the writers style and pace, caring about the characters by the end of the 2nd page."
~ Donna Ricci
7. "No one ever explains the octopuses, but that's part of its charm."
People have been so amazingly kind so far about my little book. I will simply add that fan mail from librarians always touches me deeply.Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:Women borrows 25,000 books from her local library
never returned one late.
Your Tisane of Smart:
Your Writerly Tinctures:Proposal to Publication - Part 1 of 5
one agents takes on a journey through the publishing process "From Proposal to Publication." Gives brief explanations of what's happening at the publishing house during each of the stages, and what's expected of the author.
CAKE in Space: With agent.Soulless
: At Barnes & Noble
and at Powell'sChangeless
: Awaiting copyedit. Release date currently April 2010.Blameless
First Draft, done. Editing for second draft and sample pages due for Bk 2.
(pages not words)
Quote of the Day:
"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on for as long as there are readers to see them, audiences to hear them. It is immortality by proxy. It is not really a bad deal, all things considered."
~ J. Michael Straczynski