The Desk of A Writer

Research - Tea and Books
music: Planet Money Podcast

For no particularly good reason, Gentle Reader, today's blog is about my desk and what's on it and what this may say about my character.

On the right side of the computer we see...
On the other side of the computer we see...Note that there is no cup of tea present. I must go rectify this immediately!



Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
How did I not know about Star Trek: Odyssey. Yeah it's cheesy but surprisingly good for fan vid and it's more Star Trek.
Your Tisane of Smart:
Because sometimes the truth is, in fact, stranger than fiction.
Sonkajärvi hosts the Wife Carrying World Championships. Prizes include, among other things, the wife's weight in beer.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Etiquette and International Protocol Expert who knew there was a job for this? I've missed my calling. This is still a good video for most authors of my acquaintance.

CAKE in Space: Finished Draft 2, with agent.
Soulless: I may have turned EarlyWord to the biteside. "It’s got a great cover, an inventive series title (the first in the “Parasol Protectorate Series”) and the author nearly convinced us that vampires affected Victorian fashion (cravats are great for covering neck marks!) on her web site."
Steampunk short: Troublesome beastie is about an adventure of its own.
Changeless: Gone poof. Starting to gather corrections.
Blameless:

Quote of the Day:
"There are many reasons why novelists write – but they all have one thing in common: a need to create an alternative world."
~ John Fowles

Labels: ,