The LA Report: Brother's K Book Launch Event

Having returned from foreign climes, all the way down south, I can give you this report, Gentle Reader. The Brothers K's book launch was a massive success. In the immortal words of Eytan himself (or something like), they shook the Jewish tree and much fruit landed.
The Barnes & Nobel events staff said it was the biggest reading they had yet hosted. There was food, there was drink, there was Brothers K bickering, what more could one want?
This is what I wore...



Press was in residence and milling about, so I am sure there will be photos of the event to follow. If you haven't yet, check out the Brothers K's high concept sci-fi thriller The Unincorporated Man.

I also got to meet my lovely model, Donna, who graces the cover of soulless.

She was absolutely delightful, but (and I'm sure she gets the this a lot, given her amazing photographic presence) smaller than I was expecting. She gifted me with the coolest bee steampunk pendent. We met up at a gay boy karaoke bar, because, well, why not?

In addition, the website has undergone some small overhaul, check it out. Now more replete with useful little links and steampunky Easter eggs.

Gail's Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Checked out It's a Wrap while I was down in LA. Thus I discovered major flaw in my plans for world domination = most actresses are apparently my size. Luckily, I don't live anywhere near LA, so I can't spend my entire advance at this particular shop - because I sure was tempted. As it was, I consider it quite the noble sacrifice on my part that I escaped with only a beautiful blood red velvet 1940's inspired wrap blazer.

Your Tisane of Smart:
I get this question a lot at conventions. So here Threadbanger tackles how to make your own custom body form for about $10.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
My podcast debut over on J. Daniel Sawyer's Antithesis, Book I, Dealing In, Episode 7 Feedback show, Part 1 and Part 2. We have a lot of fun and get very very silly.

CAKE in Space: Red penning draft 1.
Soulless: ARCs have arrived, awaiting distribution.
Changeless: Gone poof. Starting to gather corrections.
Steampunk short: Done

Quote of the Day:
"Isn't it nice that people who prefer Los Angeles to San Francisco live there?"
~ Herb Caen

Labels: